Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Smart Card help request

Status
Not open for further replies.

bherde

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am new to this forum, having found it while looking for info about smart cards. I am liquidating a failed business venture and among the inventory there are boxes of 30,000 brand new smart cards. The venture was building a super secure PC which would need a card and a password to activate. I am trying to identiy what these cards are. There are several USB type card readers also in the inventory, which Win7 is happy with, but when a card is inserted it merely pops a window that 'a device is unrecognized'. This is not unexpected, and I am looking for any utility or program that can simply pass a reset to it and display the ATR code.

Of course any refferals to someone interested in obtaining these would also be of value.

Thanks in advance.

"ATR-Analyzer v1.0" or "WinExplorer" might help you. A common smartcard <-> PC interface is known as a "Phoenix" interface, there are many diagrams (and ready made units) available through Google (you might have to find a Windows XP PC that has a serial port!).

Another option is to depackage the die from the micromodule and inspect it for markings and part codes. The success of this depends upon the physical security features of the card and die. The manufacturer might not have put any part codes on but it might be possible to determine the manufacturer from distinct features on the die such as anti-tamper meshes.

Status
Not open for further replies.