Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Smart antennas in W-CDMA/UMTS systems

Status
Not open for further replies.

WimaxforVideoPhone

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
smart antenna wcdma

Hello my friends,

My question is that how can smart antennas able to adapt itself in order to smooting better to a number of user equipment at the same time in UMTS?

Thank you all after now.

Best regards,

Eray

cdma smart antenna

Smart antennas consist of an antenna array, combined with signal processing in both space and time. Spatial processing leads to more degrees of freedom in the system design, which can help to improve the overall performance of the system.

Smart antenna, when used appropriated, help in improving the system performance by increasing channel capacity and spectrum efficiency, extending range coverage by steering multiple beams to track many mobiles.

wcdma with smart antenna

Smart antenna systems are usually categorized as switched beamer, and adaptive array systems
A switched beam antenna system consists of several highly directive, fixed, pre-defined beams, and choose the beam which gives the best SNR. . A switch is used to select the best beam to receive a particular signal.
In adaptive array systems, the weights are adjusted by some means using available information derived from the array output.

See the references u may find something

[1] R. Janaswamy, “Radio Propagation and Smart Antennas for Wireless Communication, ” Kluwer Academic Publishers, 2001.
[2] G. V. Tsoulos, “ Smart Antenna for mobile communication systems: benifits and challenges, ” Electronics & Communication Engineering Journal, April 1999
[3] J. C. Liberti, Jr. Bellccore, T. S. Rappaport, “Smart Antenna for Wireless Communications: IS-95 and Third Generation CDMA Applications, ” Prentice Hall, 1999.
[4] A. Boukalov, “Introduction to Smart Antennas Techniques and Algorithms,” Workshop on Smart Antennas Technology and Applications at RAWCON 99, 1st August 1999.

smart antenna applications in w cdma

Thank you for references,

amitdegada , can we share our information like that,

Eray,

applications of switched beam antennas

Ya!

By Sharing the Knowledge we can improve, i am not expertise but i have learnt so many things by this way.....

By the way do you know any person working on WCDMA?Currently I am getting error in simulation of WCDMA Rake Receiver. Hence i can contact him.

smart antenna

Thanks for the topic. I am also currently researching on the application of smart antennas in wireless communication. What are the best researchable areas partaining this?

smart antenna umts

hi all.
i am researching on smart antenna too, i want to see the benefits of smart antenna in wireless communictian, i have a question: in the smart antenna system, beamforming network is first or demodulation and decoding??? i use cdma system for simulation.

Status
Not open for further replies.