Not open for further replies.

BabyTiger

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
plastic project box

I need to buy some small plastic boxs for my project. If it possible, I need a small cut for a mini USB connector. If someone know,pls tell me know.

usb project box

I don't know where you are but pactec.com and serpac.com have lots of different cases and they are carried by many distributors. I don't recall a cut out for for usb but they have several that are pretty easy to modify with a nibbler.

project usb box

you can use audio casset or DVD box if your board setup fits in it

small project box

Using a Dremel or similar rotary tool you can easily modify plastic enclosures to provide all of the required cutouts/windows etc.

project box plastic

a dremel is a great tool but hard to control and square holes are very hard to do.... I have one and a nibbler.

The nibbler works on plastic and metal. It cuts square chunks out so with a little care, you can cut square holes (first drill out a hole). It's pretty cheap. I think they are both very useful..
**broken link removed**

Phil

small plastic project boxes

I agree that both tools are great and personally use both. I just find that with sme practice I can do quite intricate cutouts rather than just square/round

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…