Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Small plastic project box for USB

Status
Not open for further replies.

BabyTiger

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
plastic project box

I need to buy some small plastic boxs for my project. If it possible, I need a small cut for a mini USB connector. If someone know,pls tell me know.

usb project box

I don't know where you are but pactec.com and serpac.com have lots of different cases and they are carried by many distributors. I don't recall a cut out for for usb but they have several that are pretty easy to modify with a nibbler.

project usb box

you can use audio casset or DVD box if your board setup fits in it :p

small project box

Using a Dremel or similar rotary tool you can easily modify plastic enclosures to provide all of the required cutouts/windows etc.

project box plastic

a dremel is a great tool but hard to control and square holes are very hard to do.... I have one and a nibbler.

The nibbler works on plastic and metal. It cuts square chunks out so with a little care, you can cut square holes (first drill out a hole). It's pretty cheap. I think they are both very useful..
**broken link removed**

Phil

small plastic project boxes

I agree that both tools are great and personally use both. I just find that with sme practice I can do quite intricate cutouts rather than just square/round

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back