Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

small op-amp problem, please help me

Status
Not open for further replies.

vicky29

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
double op-amp

Hi friends,
Recently in a op-amp book i read feeding an analog input to a non-inverting pin of a op-amp is not a good idea and less accurate than if feed to inverting pin. Actually i need to amplify a analog voltage from 0 to 0.5 volts to 0 to 5 volts for which i used the single opamp circuit as shown below. should i use double op-amp circuit )also as shown below) for more accuracy) first stage of opamp is a inverter with GAIN=-1 and second one is with Gain = -10.
Thanks

Without buffer is better, at least for low power and low offset

if your amplifier has a high input inpedance, there is no point in adding a buffer in this circuit

try the sedra book for microelectronic circuits, very informative

Vicky29
The main advantage to the non-inverting configuration, as shown in your first crcuit, is high input impedance. The input imedance is equal to the open loop input impedance of the op-amp times the loop gain. One disadvantage is that the common mode rejection ratio must be taken into consideration, since the op-amp input does not stay at virtual ground. I see no advantage to your 2nd circuit. You are going to amplify any errors incurred in the first stage by the gain of the 2nd stage. Also the input impedance of the 2nd circuit is 10K, vs darn near infinity for the 1st circuit.
Regards,
Kral

Status
Not open for further replies.