Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Small load cell to interface a microcontroller.

Status
Not open for further replies.

wolf12

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Small load cell to interface a microcontroller for a digital scale.

I need a thin load cell of 5kg capacity to interface with a microcontroller for a digital scale, Is there any small load sensor ? or some other type of weight sensor ? How to get signal to the microcontroller from the load cell? What is the amplification circuit used in between?

Thank you.

Last edited:

**broken link removed**

Thank you for your reply. Can this give accurate measurements of weight ? I'm sorry I wasn't clear enough. I want to build a digital scale. But not a bulky one.

Load cell will give analog output. For processing the information, you have to connect ADC between load cell and microcontroller.

Load cell will give analog output. For processing the information, you have to connect ADC between load cell and microcontroller.

I need a thin load cell, to measure weight on a surface, sensor height should be about 0.5 cm. Can you suggest me such sensor? Is a strain gauge sensor suitable for this ?

I just bought a load cell in UK with a wireless load indicator and load link. It can capacitate up to 300 tonnes with high accuracy. I think it's more reliable to have this wireless load cell device.

Status
Not open for further replies.