Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Small Bluetooth sensor design

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrainy

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,

I'm new in Bluetooth technology and now I'm trying to design a small Bluetooth sensor hopefully smaller than 1 cm^2. Is it possible?
I just need the most basic function: do some A/D convert and send the data from this device to a mobile phone.
I was checking TI's SOC cc2540 which integrated 8051. But it is a Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) technology and the mobile phones in the market don't support it.
Is there any module or SOC device can achieve this? Or I still need a Bluetooth chip and a external MCU?

Thanks very much for any suggestion!

Mrainy

The antenna design will be an issue with an pcb of that size particularly when combined with the coin cell battery that creates a huge ground plane. I would suggest to look at different Bluetooth low energy modules to get a starting point. They often include the antenna design and have regulatory radio certifications. Comparisons of the Bluetooth low energy modules can be found from:
**broken link removed**
http://www.chipscoop.com/2012/09/creating-bluetooth-40-accessory-how-to.html

Status
Not open for further replies.