Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Slowness in IC Waveform affirma windows in 24 bit

Status
Not open for further replies.

dariorusso

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all.
Im running IC5.0.32 at 24 bit under linux with ati radeon. Everything seems going well, but display is really slow when i move the crosshair marker in the waveform window. Even the square following the mouse is slow or jumping, really not smooth, indeed. The problem is solved when i run the Xserver at 8 bpp, BUT, when i move the mouse through different windows colors go crazy making impossible to work. I found that, running cadence without the Windows Manager, everythink is ok, but naturally, no way to move the windows. I think the problem is the palette changing of motif libs. However, 8 bit is the extreme solution i wish i could avoid. 24 bits solution is worse on a pc with i845 graphics card, where also moving transistor is impossible. Anyone found a solution??? Anyone had even encountered this problem?
Thanks in advance.
Eng. Dario Russo.

your graphics card's performance is very poor. you can upgrade it or use 256 color..

My graphics card is an atiradeon 9600!!! its really fast in 2D and in 3D,too. I assure that's a cadence problem!! As i said, in 256 color, i cannot work for palette changes.

Search the forum first, this problem has several times been asked here e.g.
-
-

Status
Not open for further replies.