Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Sla7062m STEPPER DRIVER

Status
Not open for further replies.

ADOLF

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
HI SOMEBODY OUT THERE,I'M A NEWBY AND AN OLDY.A FAIRLY NEWBY IN ELECTRONICS AND I'M 64.NOW I NEED SOME ADVICE.I'VE COMPLETED A PC BOARD ,USING PminMO'S LAYOUT.2 QUESTIONS:1]IF I USE A 10 AMP POWER SUPPLY AND BSENSE AND ASENSE HAS BEEN CALCULATED FOR 3AMP, WOULD IT BE NECESSARY YO ADJUST THE POWER SUPPLY FOR 3AMP OR DOES THE 7062 REGULATE IT BY ITSELF? 2]IF MY STEPPER IS RATED AT 3.1AMP WOULD I BE PRESSING THE IC FOR TO MUCH IF BSENSE AND ASENSE IS CALCULTED FOR 3.1AMP.ALTERNATIVELY WHAT WOULD THE EFFECT BE ON THE STEPPER IF ASENCE AND BSENSE STAYS PUT AT 3AMP.[I'VE GOT 2 STEPPERS RATED AT 3.1AMP AND ONE RATED AT 3.3AMP AND I'VE JUST ABOUT COMPLETED A 1.2MX1.2M ROUTER TABLE. KIND REGARDS.

Hi Adolf, please when you post try not to use too much capital letters, it's so hard to understand. About your questions:

1- The SLA7062M is a chopper-type stepper motor controller/driver, so the current at the coils of motor will be constant and set through Rsense and Vref(see datasheet). Because of this is not necessary to modify your power supply.

2- You should not use the chip for 3.1A, it is rated for 3.0A and also for this current(3.0A) you MUST use a heatsink (see datasheet for maximum ratings).

I hope this can help you. Any other thing just post. Best regards. Yosmany325

SLA7062M is uni polar micro stepping driver ic. And also it's not recommended for new designs.

**broken link removed**

And post what type of motor you using and spec.

And what type of driving you need.. These method is very expansive..

Use darling ton pair for simple driver circuit with few components ..

Hi amayilsamy, using darlington pairs for this ammount of current is almost prohibitive, unless you use a chopping technique, for example, suppose you have a darlington with Vcesat=0.9V (I haven't see none with this specs), when any coil is energized and consuming 3.0A you will have a power loss of 0.9V*3A=2.7W per transistor. If you use a full step wave drive you will waste 5.4W as heat. Also, using this configuration when the stepper stays at detent position the current will not be controlled, unless you use a 3.0A capable power supply. It's true that this method is expensive but if you have the drivers then perfect. To end this post this driver also includes a translator so for stepping you only need to send pulses. I agree with you about the chip, should be used a new one.

Best regards, Yosmany325.

Yes, That is right Yosmany325.. In chopper driving we can drive the motor with less current .
L6506 is constant current controller for stepping motors...
Microstepping not possible in this IC.

Status
Not open for further replies.