Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Single on-chip IC sensor for dust and sound

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kick

Full Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hii all,
Is there any single on-chip IC for dust sensor and sound sensor??? If no please suggest me a simple circuit.

thanks

Hello there.

Sound is easy enough but dust would be a more advanced problem. When you say dust what exactly are you trying to measure? Are you looking at the presence or it or the concentration or? Just need more details to determine the best route to go.

hii,
Thanks for your reply. I just want to check the presence of dust and i think there is no single chip IC for dust sensor.

thanks.

I highly doubt there is because of the specialization. Dust detection would be pretty hard because you have floating dust and settling dust and both are unique problems. Dust in the air would almost be impossible to detect unless you have a pretty specific sensor. One such way is to have a filter type diaphragm that you would pump your air into and have the vents be small enough to capture the dust. You can then apply a SAW type wave across the membrane and detect the amount of dampening the wave sees to try and map that to an amount of dust. I guess you might be able to tweak an optical solution as well and determine how much dust correlates to the dampening of light intensity. All of the solutions would require high resolution and sensitivity and be very hard to do.

thanks 4 ur reply...i m planing to design a photo-interrupter circuit for sensing dust and smoke.any suggestion???

Weather stations have optical detectors for particles in the air.

Smoke detectors sense rays from a radioactive speck to detect particles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back