Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

single ended clock termination topology - need help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anuradha Bahl

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
I have a single ended LVCMOS clock signal (source termination 50 ohms) splitting into 4 single ended LVCMOS clk signals for 4 SDRAM chips. How do I terminate each of the 4 clks so that they are clean? Please point me to the correct formulas to calculate the termination.
I am thinking of a thevenin termination about 110ohms resistor to VCC and gnd.

Please help.

Anuradha Bahl said:
Hi,
I have a single ended clock signal (source termination 50 ohms) slitting into as 4 single ended clk signals for 4 SDRAM chips. How do I terminate each of the 4 clks so that the Zo is ~ 50 ohms looking from both sides of the network? Please point me to the correct formulas to calculate the termination.
I am thinking of a parallel termination about 80-100ohms resistor to gnd.

Please help

Don't you need 4x200 Ohms in parallel to make 50 Ohms?

Hi,
If you has a source with 50 Ohm & 4x load on that=your clk lines have to be 200 Ohms, other question is if you load it per thevevin or simple II resistors...
K.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back