Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Single 3 axis ACCELEROMETER Mouse using ATmega16 and ps/2 protocol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Devavrat

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hey guys,

I need help with my FYP. Im trying to make an accelerometer based mouse using a single 3 axis accelerometer(MMA7260). Ive chosen ATmega16 as my microcontroller. I've got two options of either using CVAVR or AVR Studio 4 as my compilers and have Ponyprog2000 as my programmer. My development board is from Thinnkware.
Here are some of the problems im facing :
1) The code for the project is written for CVAVR but even if i execute a simple loop(for,while,etc) to flash LEDs in CVAVR,it does not run on the development board. I do not know how to program using AVR studio 4 (dont know the functions or header files)
2) I need to send the signals to the PC via PS/2 protocol. Ive obtained a PS/2 wire from an old mouse but am not sure how to interface it with a microcontroller. Do i directly connect it to any port of the uC and program that port to send bytes of data? or do i send the data from the uC first to a voltage converter like MAX232 and then send the Txd values to the PS/2 pins? because when i opened up my optical mouse, i saw a small 16 pin uC soldered onboard.
3)My 3 axis accelerometer has mode selection for various values of sensitivity(1.5G,2G,4G,6G). I want to know which value should i go for when i test my project - high sensitivity(1.5G) or low sensitivity(6G). Also what is the difference between dynamic acceleration and static acceleration? do i need to set sensitivity values for both these modes??

Any help in the above matter will be highly appreciated. Please help. Thnx
Devavrat

P.S. Code for CVAVR prog attachedView attachment air mouse code.txt

hey does that works...or any modifications are required..plz help
thank you

if not work then consult me but it will work fine on pic16f877a with rs232 communication

- - - Updated - - -

if not work then consult me but it will work fine on pic16f877a with rs232 communication

Status
Not open for further replies.