Not open for further replies.

eeHassan

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hey,
I want to generate a sine wave of 50HZ from microcontroller 89c51. Tell me the simplest circuit for it or any DAC that can do the operation easily

I have used a MCP41010 single-channel digital potentiometer for generating sine waves up to 3KHz
MCP41010

it has an SPI interface so is easy to interface. Probably simpler and cheaper than a DAC ?

yes but more simply......i prefer such a device by which i simply put 1 on a pin of my MC and it starts giving 50HZ sine....and when the pin is 0...it stops.....

are you thinking of something like the Maxim MAX038
**broken link removed**

I think you will find all the signal generator chips cost more than the MCP41010 digital potentiometer which costs underr £2 for one off in the UK.
Perhaps have a look for simple circuit you could build - but it may still cost more than the digital pot.

try a search for PWM sine wave generation - never used it myself but people tell me it works
Pulse-width modulation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

but can u give me an idea how to buid a circuit that generates such a sine wave?

okay MCP is the best method.........now how can i use it to generate a sine wave of 50HZ???can u give me the ckt?

I have not used 8051 devices for years but an example circuit for a PIC16 taken from Microchip application note AN746
https://ww1.microchip.com/downloads/en/AppNotes/00746a.pdf

is attached.
the MCP41010 uses SPI so should be easy to interface, you have 3 lines clock, SI serial data in and CS chip select. If you search the forum you will probably find examples of 8051 and SPI devices plus code.

Attachments

• MCP41010.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 147

Status
Not open for further replies.