Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

sine wave generator using 8051

Status
Not open for further replies.

eeHassan

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hey,
I want to generate a sine wave of 50HZ from microcontroller 89c51. Tell me the simplest circuit for it or any DAC that can do the operation easily

I have used a MCP41010 single-channel digital potentiometer for generating sine waves up to 3KHz
MCP41010

it has an SPI interface so is easy to interface. Probably simpler and cheaper than a DAC ?

yes but more simply......i prefer such a device by which i simply put 1 on a pin of my MC and it starts giving 50HZ sine....and when the pin is 0...it stops.....

are you thinking of something like the Maxim MAX038
**broken link removed**

I think you will find all the signal generator chips cost more than the MCP41010 digital potentiometer which costs underr £2 for one off in the UK.
Perhaps have a look for simple circuit you could build - but it may still cost more than the digital pot.

try a search for PWM sine wave generation - never used it myself but people tell me it works
Pulse-width modulation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

okay MCP is the best method.........now how can i use it to generate a sine wave of 50HZ???can u give me the ckt?

I have not used 8051 devices for years but an example circuit for a PIC16 taken from Microchip application note AN746
https://ww1.microchip.com/downloads/en/AppNotes/00746a.pdf

is attached.
the MCP41010 uses SPI so should be easy to interface, you have 3 lines clock, SI serial data in and CS chip select. If you search the forum you will probably find examples of 8051 and SPI devices plus code.

Attachments

• MCP41010.jpg
    MCP41010.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 147

Status
Not open for further replies.