Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

simultaneous generation of 2 or more frequencies

Status
Not open for further replies.

monika762

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Here, I wish to know if it is possible to generate 2 or more frequencies on a single chip. There should be sustained oscillations and all the frequencies should be present at all the time and thus NO kind of switching mechanism.

Thanks in advance!!

A square wave generator. You have f , 3f , 5f , 7f .... ;)

Here, I wish to know if it is possible to generate 2 or more frequencies on a single chip.

Could you explain a little bit more ? What you mean with "single chip" ?

I want to design a circuit ( or oscillator) which can generate more than 2 frequencies simultaneously. to the best of my knowledge, we can generate one frequency sine wave and its harmonic components using oscillators. So, to generate 2 or more sine waves (which are not related eg. 60Hz, 245Hz), we will require that many number of oscillators and hence power supplies. Is, there any way, by which I can generate 2 sustained oscillations using same components.So that all will have same characteristics (like power loss). If some condition is not satisfied by one wave, it should not be satisfied by any other. If one wave dies out for some time, all other should also die for exact same period.

The idea won't work for usual low-Q low frequency oscillator designs. I also don't see any advantage compared to individual single frequency oscilators. Power consumption isn't an issue for low frequency.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back