Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Simultaneous ADC Conversion using atmega88.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sribalaji

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
My project is to measure power using atmega microcontroller.
I've studied the code for ADC conversion of voltage and current.
Is it possible to simultaneously convert both voltage and current?
I'm new to AVR coding.

You will need two independent A2Ds to truly do simultaneous conversions ; but if you use an single A2D with a conversion speed of 10 x that of the maximum frequency of the measured signals you can interleave the two channels and the conversions will appear simultaneous

My signal frequency is 50Hz. I'm planning to use a sampling frequency of 200KHz for an energy meter application. Will it cause any accuracy problem?

200kHz will be a total over design. 1 kHz sampling will be good

V

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
For true and accurate result you need to use a high speed ADC instead of Microcontroller featureds ADC, every micocontroller has a simple ADC in it and for low design use, if your doing hobby project, its OK to use AVR ADC, however for industrial design you have to switch for high speed ADC, you may search ANALOG DEIVICES ADC range for your design

Status
Not open for further replies.