Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Simulation tools selection recommendations

Status
Not open for further replies.

dacadc

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am newcomer in the electromagnetic systems simulation, so need some help with tools selection.

I want simulate 2D electrostatic electric field in the resistive medium for given electrodes set. Some electrodes are connected to voltage sources, some are left floating. I need get electrostatic potential distribution over material.

Which tool has build-in graphical model editor and is optimal for application? I am interested in some not very complex to lean tools that have accurate solvers.

Thanks.

Hi

The J Static solver of CST EM Studio would be a nice choice. However, it is a 3D program. By using a "thin" model and appropriate boundary conditions, you can reduce the problem to quasi 2D. It certainly has a very nice and easy to learn user interface (identical to CST MWStudio) and the geometry definition is very easy. If the geometry is relaitivly simple, why don't you just post a sketch here. Maybe some of us a run some quick calcualtion.

I don't know too many "pure" 2D program.

F.

Thanks you, I will try evaluate the CST EM Studio.

Hi DACADC

if you need (only) static fields in 2D, I think a good alternative is the
Matlab PDE toolbox; it is based on finite elements:
https://www.mathworks.com/products/pde/

You can easy download a 15 days trial version there. Hope this helps :)

best: ricy

Thanks you for advice. Is there graphic tool to enter arbitrary electrodes system in easily way?

dacadc said:
Thanks you, I will try evaluate the CST EM Studio.

I have only CST Microwave studio.. If u need i will share you.
I need CST EM studio simulation .
Please kindly share me.

thanks&regards
Lwin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back