Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

simulation of ideal frequency divider in cadence

Status
Not open for further replies.

ddis

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi all,

i want to divide the o/p freq of Quad-VCO i.e. 4.8 GHz into 2.4 GHz. for this purpose i need a freq divider ckt.

i saw the freq divider from RF library in cadence. it is containing 4 pins (pin, pout,nin, nout).

how to apply stimulus to this pins & check the o/p

what does nin & nout stands for????????????

I guess pin is the positive IN and nin is the negative IN, maybe that's diff input components.

I guess pin is the positive IN and nin is the negative IN, maybe that's diff input components.

thats right.. they r diff i/p pins

but the problem is "where we have to mention the freq division factor"

when i open the block there is option as........CDF parameter of view "use tools filter option" & blank

Last edited:

thats right.. they r diff i/p pins

but the problem is "where we have to mention the freq division factor"

when i open the block there is option as........CDF parameter of view "use tools filter option" & blank
It's probably a verilog defined block and it should have verilog view in his library.Check the verilog code and see how it divides and change the divider ratio as you wish by changing the verilog code.

It's probably a verilog defined block and it should have verilog view in his library.Check the verilog code and see how it divides and change the divider ratio as you wish by changing the verilog code.

hi bigboss,

its not having verilog view in library...

only symbol view is present

is it necessary to have schematic view for simulation of veriloga code

is it necessary to have schematic view for simulation of veriloga code
No, it's not necessary to have schematic view of veriloga view.Namely, a verilog defined block consists of behavioural circuit and therefore it has code only.

Thank you for your reply..

How ever my divider is not working.. output is always at zero.

Do I need to change any thing in the code.

In the code you have taken n=2 ( Divide by 2?). I am going ahead with the same.

I have changed the vdd power supply to my vdd=5, VSS=0, dir=1,tt=0.01

I did not touched any of the remaining code. I created the symbol, and trying to simulate in the spectreRF. But my output is always at zero..

Please reply.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back