Not open for further replies.

michcfr

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,
I have created a Proteus model implementing a Press-ON-Press-OFF push button according to the first schematics of this page:
The Microcontroller is replaced by the LED10 to show Power on/off and SW2 for the I/O pin to reproduce manually the I/O

What I expect:
.short button press of SW1: LED ON
.and another short button press of SW1 toggles it back OFF

What I get:
.short button press of SW1: LED OFF. See the left picture of the attached file. The Probe is at almost 0V
.and another short button press of SW1: LED OFF. See the right picture of the attached file. The Probe is 0.0826V

Can you please help me to debug the Proteus model. Thx

Regards,
Michel

Attachments

• Press-ON-Press-OFF.jpg
    318.2 KB · Views: 240

Hi,

one problem: never connect a LED directly to a voltage source. Always use any current limiting technique.
--> Simplest way: a series resistor

Diode D3 isn`t a suitable choice. You used a 10A power diode, but the current there is just a couple of 10uA.
This is in the range of the leakage current of the used power diode.
--> Better use a low signal diode specified for milliamperes.

And you have a simulation tool. You are free to use it.
--> Use it to check voltages and currents.

Klaus

Thank you Klaus, but is does not help a lot.
Possible to move/duplicate this message in another forum: power electronics or analog circuit design?

thx

Hi,

"It doesn´t help" .... means what?
* You didn´t try to modify your circuit?
* you didn´t try to measure voltages and currents?
* or you just did not report any results to us?

Dulpicate posting is not allowed. Nor do moderators move posts on request.
(Moving the post will not modify your circuit, nor does it show any voltages / currents to the community)

Klaus

I applied your advices: add resistor to the led, modify diode model, add probes. See the picture: before pushing the switch (left) and after (right). nothing is changing.

Attachments

• test2.jpg
    328.1 KB · Views: 187

Hi,

Most of the values make no sense.
And - to be honest - it seems you edited the screenshot. I don´t trust edited pictures. Why editing?
--> Do a screenshot and upload it as .PNG. No need to combine two screenshots to a very wide picture.

Example: (left picture)
C3(1) shows V = 0 // so far so good
I (close to this) shows 5uA. This is expecatble because fo 5V/100kOhms.
But for this Q3 needs to be ON. But Q3(G1) - which is V_GS - shows 45uV. With 45uV the MOSFET should be OFF.

If C3(1) is 0V, then V_GS of Q3 is -5V, thus the P-CCh MOSFET should be ON. But it shows 23uV at the drain .. and almost zero current. This can´t be.

Klaus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…