Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Simulation for LNA IP3 and 1 dB com. point using SpectreRF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Puah Tin Peng

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
To Hello,

Whats are steps needed to use SpectreRF to simulate IP3, 1 dB compression point and S parameters on a 1.2 GHz inductive degeneration single-ended LNA?
Thanks.

T.P. Puah

Re: Simulation for LNA IP3 and 1 dB com. point using Spectre

You should use PSS analysis in SpectreRF with psin source while Amp(dBm) is changed in convenient limits. In this case you do SPSS ( Swept periodic Steady State ) analysis.
When you finished the simulation, SpectreRF automatically will introduce a choise for IPn and Compression points ( either output and output ) .
For LNa's , "Input IPn points ( such as IP3 and IP5 ) are important.

You may select the psin output port and find the behaviour.

Look at SpectreRF Simulation SPSS in User Manual ..

To Hello,

What are the best fi and f2 to choose for simulating a 1.2GHz LNA using SpecterRF.

T.P. Puah

closely spaced f1 and f2, such as 1 or 10 MHz. There is no best f1 and f2 to use, it is an arbitrary value.

To Hello,

In SpectreRF how do you obtain the frequency response of a LNA?
At present I can only think of using S21.
In a CMOS inductive degeneration LNA with a cascode output configuration and a single connected constant current bias, how can I ensure that my design have a flat frequency response?
Thanks.

T.P. Puah

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back