Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Simulating IC package in HFSS

Status
Not open for further replies.

skarme

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi!

I need to simulate an IC package for a semester project. I managed to get a QFP package reference from one of my seniors. However, I want to simulate a BGA and other types of IC packages. Is there a software that can model these packages and then I can import into HFSS. Also a simple BGA model would also help me. A file that tells me the dimensions and material properties...I can design in HFSS based on that. Does anyone have such information or is aware of a software for this? I need some urgent help with this.

Thanks in Advance!

If you are just doing the IC Package, then HFSS is the way to go (or other 3D EM sim's). But I know
ADS has a TSMC tool Kit where you can simulate/Design RFIC's. That too Might have IC Packages for
simulation, but I don't know for sure.
Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back