Not open for further replies.

sprasv

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

I am trying to do this circuit in ADS Schematic. I have been able to find all other components. But I have not been able to find this
"3 port Balun which says Balun_device". I did find other 3 port baluns, but I would like to know under which list it will be possible to find this component.
"balun_device" I have attached the schematic.

Please help me, as I have been stuck at this point. I would deeply appreciate it.

Thanks,
Prasanna

Attachments

• Schematic.png
    105.8 KB · Views: 331

It is a custom component.

Select this instance and then do "identify" from menu.

Last edited:

Can you explain more? I would greatly appreciate it if someone explains and tells me how to simulate what is in the schematic.

Thanks for replying,
Prasanna

---------- Post added at 20:37 ---------- Previous post was at 20:26 ----------

This schematic is on paper. I dont have a soft copy of the ADS program. Its from a thesis I am trying to implement.

Last edited:

Yes,
I am new to ADS. I did find the link you posted on the agilent website.
But is there a way, I can recreate the exact component as in the picture as in an exact way of simulating the custom component.

Thanks,
Prasanna

Prasanna

that balun device is a subcircuit: inside that block there is another schematic and you cannot know from a paper what is inside.

Googling your infos, I've found this thesis:X-band Phase Shifters for Phased Array, Jean Xu, cincinnati university. Is it the one you are trying to implement, I guess.

The schematic of the balun is done using 2 lange couplers, see page 38.

I hope it can help.

Mazz

Hi Mazz,

Thanks a lot, that explains it in detail.
Yeah I have downloaded that Thesis document and did see the schematic. So my understanding is that the "sub-circuit" inside this "custom component" is the schematic given in page no. 38.

Since I am new to ADS, i did not quite understand it.Thanks again.
How do i make my own custom component in ADS? Will it be possible for you to explain that?

Thanks,
Prasanna

---------- Post added at 22:49 ---------- Previous post was at 22:48 ----------

I am sorry but I am not really sure what that question means..

Prasanna

Prasanna

you don't really need to do a subcircuit. You can place the balun at the same level of the rest of the circuit, if this is easier for you.

Mazz

Reactions: sprasv

sprasv

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…