Not open for further replies.

Positron89

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello friends,

I would like ask a question regarding simulation in CST. I'm designing an antenna to detect the presence of E.Coli bacteria inside the water. At the moment, I managed to come up with the design and simulate it without any difficulty in CST. However, when I introduce the model of water material in the CST by inserting the whole antenna inside a brick of water, after running the simulation the results of the antenna performance deteriorates significantly. This is to be expected I guess so I would like to ask that are there any form of solution regarding this matter ? Do I need to add any other specific material for the antenna design to enable it to be simulated under water ?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks..

I presume you know that an antenna design is based on a specific permittivity of surrounding medium (e.g. 1.0 for vacuum/air) . It has to be redesigned for different media.

Apart from this general point, water has a rather, high frequency dependant loss factor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…