Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Simulating Antenna in water using CST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Positron89

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello friends,

I would like ask a question regarding simulation in CST. I'm designing an antenna to detect the presence of E.Coli bacteria inside the water. At the moment, I managed to come up with the design and simulate it without any difficulty in CST. However, when I introduce the model of water material in the CST by inserting the whole antenna inside a brick of water, after running the simulation the results of the antenna performance deteriorates significantly. This is to be expected I guess so I would like to ask that are there any form of solution regarding this matter ? Do I need to add any other specific material for the antenna design to enable it to be simulated under water ?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.. :)

I presume you know that an antenna design is based on a specific permittivity of surrounding medium (e.g. 1.0 for vacuum/air) . It has to be redesigned for different media.

Apart from this general point, water has a rather, high frequency dependant loss factor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back