Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

"Simplified" battery spice model

Status
Not open for further replies.

welton

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,
Can any one suggest simplified battery spice model?
Is a large capacitor enough to modeling it?
Thank you in advance.

Sure, remember to add one equal-series-resistor. the detailed par should be got to search the relevant battery introduction.

Depends on, what you want to model. Capacity and internal resistance is a good first order model. For simulation of AC behaviour stepwise varied RC parallel circuit is a suitable estimation. But you would need to measure it by impedance spectroscopy or extract it from a specified frequency dependant impedance graph.

Thank you all. If I only want a li-ion battery model for charger circuit to simulate in trickle/CC/CV mode to check if the charger circuit is OK or not. What is the most simple and appropriate model?
Thanks again.

Hello,

I think the large capacitor with a series resistance is basically O. K. But with this model, if you go CV modus, the current will drop faster to zero tha in real life. If this doesn't matter, this model will be enough. To get decreasing current with longer timeconstant, you need to split battery capacity in at least two capacitors with different series resistors. One in the 100 mOhms range and the other may be one ohm. The model could be fit to empirical measured I/U characteristics, using more parallel RC circuits if necessary.

Regards,
Frank

welton

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Frank and Babbage, thank you for your comment.

Status
Not open for further replies.