Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Simple mathematics (Fourier series)

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnchau123

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
As I have proved the two Fourier series above, what value should I substitute for x in order to find S1?

Thanks!

**broken link removed**

or direct link

**broken link removed**

Johnchau123,
If I understand your question correctly, S1 is not a function of x. Its summation is 1.64493406684822643637 according to the CRC Standard Mathematical Tables.

Hi, Kral, I can get your point.

Actually what I mean is as there are sine and cosine function of x in the series.

So, I would like to ask what value of x should be used so that some terms eliminate, say, if i would like to evaluate Σ(-1)^n/(n^2), what I should do is to substitute 2pi into the first series with range pi < x < 3pi.

this is very good site for mathematics

Hi, everyone, I get the solution of this question.

I put x = 1 into the Fourier series which is available for 1 < x < 2. As the Fourier series is continuous on (1,2) and its derivative is also continuous on (1,2), so, we apply the mean value theorem and can find at x = 1, x² = 5/2 and the sum of this series is pi²/6.

in the first equation, let x=2pi, and for the second, let x=1.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back