Status
Not open for further replies.

want2LearnVlsi

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am learning to implement simple image or video processing in Altera Cyclone III FPGA.

In particular, I have a new Altera Cylcone III Embedded Development Kit.

Can anyone please help me if there are any example image/video processing designs targeted for this board or any FPGA?

Thank you.

I don't know if this is for the same hardware you have, but the NEEK (Nios-II Embedded Evaluation Kit) uses the Cyclone III.

Regards

Thanks for the reply ads-ee.

The VIP suite demo is based on the NEEK board which is bit different from Cyc III Emb Dev Kit. I am looking for examples/demos targeted for this board.

You could try retargetting the NEEK example to your board. You'll learn more by the experience, than by finding a pre-made example for your board.

You could try retargetting the NEEK example to your board. You'll learn more by the experience, than by finding a pre-made example for your board.

Thanks, but my problem is that I am a newbie to use FPGA and in particular this board. I want to have a simple design which takes a video input and displays in the on-board LCD. Though I have a knowledge of Verilog HDL, I am finding it bit difficult to get started with this board.

I found a design example "Nios II 3C120 Microprocessor with LCD Controller Data Sheet" in the Altera website and understanding how to use it.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.