Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Simple 'fake' alarm: Flashing LED

Status
Not open for further replies.

gvanto

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
fake alarm led

Does anyone have the 2-transistor oscillator circuit for alternately switching 2 LEDs? I would like to install a flashing LED in my car so it looks like I got an alarm in there.

Also if possible I would like it to only run when the car is turned off ('94 Seat Ibiza diesel, beauty) without having to switch it off myself.

Any advice much appreciated,
gvanto

flashing led alarm

:idea:
you can use LM555 timer configure as an astable oscillator.

try to experiment by using varaiable resistor to get ur desired output pulse frequency.

simple flashing led

There are LEDs that flash without any external components. I have one right now. Go to sunled or something.

fake led alarm

Thanks guys, the circuit suggested by Olemp was the one I was thinking of.

Any idea what the easiest point in a car is to check if the car is turned on? (and not the radio because its completely independant of the ignition)

many thanks,
gvanto

led fake alarm

cigarette lighter! Use a transistor and do a simple pull up when the car is on and pull down when it is not.

fake alarm flashing led

lol thanks but i dont have one! :(

thinking perhaps the fuse-box?

gvanto

make fake flashing led alarm car

Use the accesory output! It is powered only when the ignition is at the accessory position or if the car runs.

CyBeRbLaK

Status
Not open for further replies.