Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Simple Detectors Probability Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

WUID

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all ,

Having communication system that bit error rate at every detector is 10^-9

if the system have two same detectors what is the total error probability ?
Psuccess(i)= successive probability at 'i' detector.
BER(i)= bit error rate at 'i' detector.

is it Psuccess(1)*BER(2)+Psuccess(2)*BER(1)+BER(1)*BER(2) ? and that equals to -> 1-BER(1)*BER(2) ?

no one here to help with this ?

Seems to me the probability of error increases when you have more detectors.

In case this helps...

If you need to consider a large number of possible interactions, such that you cannot calculate the net chance of a particular combination, then try the opposite. Calculate the net chance of it NOT happening.

Reactions: WUID

WUID

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
indeed the error increases , I calculate that for two detectors the probability of errors is 2X10^-9

But come to think of it, if you are detecting the same event, then having two detectors increases overall accuracy and reliability... Even though it also increases the probability of an error in transmission.

sorry , but i had to mention that it isn't the same event , because every detector working on different channel/frequency/wavelength and each one of them carry information.

Status
Not open for further replies.