Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

simple circuit using gsm module, sim300

Status
Not open for further replies.

qwerty_asdf

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

Hope my topic is in the correct thread. I want to build a simple circuit that does the following:

1. When pressing a button, a message will be send to a device.
2. The message will be standard, it will not change at all.
3. I do not want to receive any messages at all.

So, I have done some research and I have seen that I can do it using a gps module based on sim300.
But every board I saw was like a kit with more things on it than I wanted.

My question is:
1. Can I buy it only the sim300 separately?
2. Will it work stand alone, or it need a micro controller or an Arduino to work with? I want my design to be as small as possible.
3. How do you program it? With AT commands? Because if I buy only the sim 300 there isn't a reception for connecting to a pc or something (watch number [9] below).
4. If you can suggest a different and cheaper approach than sim300, I would be glad to here.

Its my first time doing such a thing, so can you guide me.

Here are some links with modules I found. Which of them are appropriate? Feel free to post yours, too:

and the sime300/ gsm kits:
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back