Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

simlation observations - what are the theoretical reasons

Status
Not open for further replies.

waseem44

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
simlation observations

Dear

I have another problem. Some of the observation I made during the simulation of enclosure, I am unaware of their their theoretical reasons

the observations are

1- I observed higher field strength on the metal surface and specially on edges
what is the reason behind this. Would it be possible to remove this surface current through grounding the enclosure

2- Why there is not a constant attenuated field inside enclosure. Field of different field strength can be found inside enclosure.

3- Finally a problem in Feko use , how I can ground my enclosure in Feko

Kindly give answer to my problem as early as possible
thanks in advance

simlation observations

1) If you have sampled near fields they must be sampled a minimum distance of 1 triangle edge length away from the triangles.
2) This is normal. Fields will bounce around inside. If you have an outside field coming from only 1 direction then already this is not a symmetric problem. Nevertheless, it is good practise to apply electric or magnetic symmetry if possible.
3) How about the infinite PEC ground? Remove the bottom surface of the enclosure (assuming it is square) and put it on top of the ground.

waseem44

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Re: simulation observations

Thanks for ur reply

Dear I cannot understand answer to my first question it was about current induced on the surface when it is viewed from current calculation option in feko . On the edges/bends higher magnitude current is seen, why?

removing the bottom face and replacing PEC increases the field inside due to reflections and also it does not seem practical, so what is the solution in feko so that i can ground my complete enclosure including bottom face.

thanks for paying attention to my problems.

simlation observations

Fot the first question, I think it is the effect of point discharge. You may find out the reason in sect. 2.12 in Jackson's Classical Electrodynamics (third edition).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back