Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

SIM908 GPRS connection closses automatically

Status
Not open for further replies.

bouvett2

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi guys,

I have setup a TCPIP connection between my ITEAD SIM908 development board and a server on my PC(SocketTest v3) using the following code:

Code:
AT+CIPSHUT
AT+CIPMUX=0					
AT+CIPSTATUS					
AT+CSTT="internet","",""			
AT+CIPSTATUS
AT+CIICR					
AT+CIPSTATUS
AT+CIFSR					
AT+CIPSTATUS			
AT+CIPSTART="TCP","213.165.160.134","2000"	
AT+CIPSEND=4

I test the connection in both directions, i.e. SIM908->SocketTest & SocketTest-> SIM908, and both worked successfully. After some time, approx. 10minutes, the connection stalls, and whenever I try to send data (both ways), no data is sent/received succesfully.

When I check the status of the SIM908 (using AT+CIPSTATUS), it first says "CONNECT OK". Then SocketTest says "Server closed Client connection". If I then check again the SIM908, it says "TCP CLOSED".

It seems as if, the connection stops automatically after some time. I have gone through the AT command manual of the SIM908, but there doesn't seem to be any such option.

Any help/suggestion would do.

Best regards

Status
Not open for further replies.