Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

SIM900B GPRS LED Indication

Status
Not open for further replies.

lock19

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello Guys,

I am using SIM900B EVB for development purposes. I am able to establish GPRS connection but am not getting any change in the status of the NETLIGHT pin. The LED is supposed to operate at 64ms ON/300ms OFF (indicating GPRS connection is established) but instead it is continuing to operate at 64ms ON/ 3000ms OFF (indicating SIM900B is registered to the network).

Have any of you come across this issue?

Best Regards

What firmware version do you have? My SIM900B EVB is 1137B03SIM900B32_ST and I have the same behavior. I don´t think this is an issue. My advice is to make your own status LED with AT+CIPSTATUS(0x0D).

Best Regards

Reactions: lock19

lock19

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Thank you for your reply.

The firmware version which i am using is 1137B05SIM900B32_ST.

One thing which I would like to mention is that when I used the module as an external modem for my computer and created a dialup connection to GPRS through ATD*99#, the NETLIGHT flashed as expected in the GPRS mode (64ms ON/ 300 ms OFF). But while using CIP commands, the expected behavior is not observed.

Best Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back