Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Sim900 startup problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

David Salas

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
sim900.pnghello i have purchased a sim900 module and i have made a pcb in eagle and manufactured at osh-park pcb , and i welded all the pcb parts by my self but when i connect it to the arduino and turn on , the netligh just turn on for like one second and then it turn off automatically and never turn on again. i dont know if i have a mistake in my pcb i have searched for problems but i could no find anything , does anybody know what could be the problem ?
i got the schematic from here
https://www.open-electronics.org/small-breakout-for-sim900-gsm-module/

sorry for my broken english :/

- - - Updated - - -

i know i have a yellow line , in the first image , but i was a mistake that i saw when i was searching for problems , it is the vdd pin for the sim but i tried later to see if that was the problem but , the problem still be the same

Attachments

• POLARIZADOS.png
    POLARIZADOS.png
    45.8 KB · Views: 53

Hi David,

There are 2 possibilities:

1/
Looking at the PCB the issue will most likely be insufficient current for the SIM900.

The power traces for the module a too thin, they should be at least 60 mils.

Also your power supply needs to be able to supply peak current up to 2 amps.

2/
Your input voltage is greater than 4.8 volts.

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back