Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

SIM900 Startup problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

GroupIII

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have a SIM900 in an Arduino shield produced by seeedstudio.com. It is all communicating properly (I can pass and receive AT commands), but it does not seem to acquire a signal. When it start up it sends the following:

yyyyyyyy
RDY

+CFUN: 1

+CPIN: READY

+PACSP: 0

The NetLight is doing a medium blank (the 800ms one) that indicates no signal, but I have verified that there is signal and the SIM card is working with another phone at the same location. I am using a AT&T GoPhone SIM card which is unlocked. I am in the United States. If I send a AT+CBAND? I get:

+CBAND: GSM850_MODE,ALL_BAND

Is there something else that I need to set up or that I can check?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

hello .
pleas answer the question . this is my question too.

Thank you all.

Hi,

Try to issue the command AT+CREG? in order to know if the module is searching the network.

Also, it is necessary to set up the correct band for the module. Thry using AT+CBAND.

I know this is old but did anyone figure this out? I have the identical problem. I think it might be that the 3G sim cards are not supported. Any info would be great.

I know this is old but did anyone figure this out? I have the identical problem. I think it might be that the 3G sim cards are not supported. Any info would be great.

I have the same problem. Netlight is blinking in 800ms. If I check signal strength, I always get 0,0 value.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back