Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] SIM900 - How can I find out that recipient picked up the phone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

maros_d

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi everybody!

I'm making some device which will play some voice message when recipient will pick up his phone. So I need some AT command which tells me that recipient picks up the phone (SIM900 returns for example string "PICKED UP", "RINGING" OR similar) and after this moment I will start playing voice message.

I looked into AT app note and found the AT command AT+CPAS but it returns "4" (call in progress) just after successful ATD+xxxxxxxxxxx; command. But again, I need information if the user picks up the phone not if call is in progress.

Could you tell me how can it be done (or if it is possible), please? I have searched in AT app note & this forum without success :cry: thank you so much!

Try with
"AT+CSSN"
I think there you can get the connected or some related event by which you can produce the music

hi,

I tried AT+CSSN without success.

BUT I found the solution :smile: It is AT+CLCC commnad. If I changed this command to enable, SIM900 returns +CLCC message which includes complete status of call

Then u got what type of alert on call receiving from the other end ??

At first I sent AT+CLCC=1 to SIM900

Now SIM900 automatically returns +CLCC messages like this:
terminal.JPG

First +CLCC message is recieved when I establish a call and phone on the other side is ringing
Second +CLCC message is recieved when recipient pick up the phone
And last +CLCC message is recieved when recipient hang up the phone

The nubmer which I underlined with green line is a status code (0 - active call, 3-alerting, 6-disconnect)

At first I sent AT+CLCC=1 to SIM900

Now SIM900 automatically returns +CLCC messages like this:
View attachment 98839

First +CLCC message is recieved when I establish a call and phone on the other side is ringing
Second +CLCC message is recieved when recipient pick up the phone
And last +CLCC message is recieved when recipient hang up the phone

The nubmer which I underlined with green line is a status code (0 - active call, 3-alerting, 6-disconnect)

kindly send me CLCC code i am unable to do that function:sad:

There is no special code. I activated CLCC mode with this:

UART_send_string("AT+CLCC=1\r\n");

Thats all. You will get CLCC message automatically when phone call is established or canceled.

Status
Not open for further replies.