Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

SIM900 Customer Flash Loader

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do not know the difference between 'sim900a64st firmware and 'sim900a64st_dl firmware, but I have attached them both here.

please help me
i need new version of firmware sim900a
the old version is 1137B11sim900A64

Attachments

• 1137B12SIM900A64_ST.rar
    6 MB · Views: 191
  • 1137B13SIM900A64_ST_DL.rar
    6 MB · Views: 204
  • NDA_SIM900A32_ST_DL Firmware Release Note.pdf
    88.7 KB · Views: 220
  • NDA_SIM900A64_ST Firmware Release Note.pdf
    75.6 KB · Views: 209
Reactions: alek2

alek2

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
I do not know the difference between 'sim900a64st firmware and 'sim900a64st_dl firmware, but I have attached them both here.

Hi chipseller,
Do you have SIM900A latest firmware with EAT support and corresponding DEV IDE? If you do pls kindly post it here, thanks.

and anyone has sim900 EAT fw and dev ide with multi-task support?

The firmware posted above is the latest I can find. As far as I know (which isn't very much) EAT is always supported and there is no special firmware version to support it, but I know nothing of multi-tasking support

Attached are the Dev IDE 1.07, which is the only version I can find and an old RVCT which my help you with compilation. I have never used either, so I cannot help you with implementation or download.

Have Fun
C

Attachments

• RVCT2.2_616.rar
    32.1 MB · Views: 299
  • SIM900DevIDE V1.07.exe
    17.6 MB · Views: 326
Reactions: alek2

alek2

I need help in using i2c of sim900 embedded AT. Do anyone have a i2c example for SIM900 embedded AT? i want to use external EEPROM with sim900. SIM900 EAT manual says there is an example in EAT IDE. But i could not find any. I have SIM900 EAT IDE v1.08.

Hi All,

I went through all the post relating to the topics here.

I am new to program SIM900 using "Embedded AT". But with the support of your post I managed to install the RVCT and IDE. Then I wrote a simple program with the help of examples and managed to compile it without errors.

Now i want to download the compiled program to SIM900 module. For that:

1 Which serial port should i use? the normal one or the debug port, do i have to connect RTS,CTS flow control pins.
2 Is there any standard baud rate ? or can i use 19200
3 Then how the program starts to execute?
4 When i upload the program does it disable the AT command interface ? or does it allow to use normal AT commands?

I'm grateful if you can spare some time on my problem.
thanks

Hi booker , can you attach the file here?? I cannot find the firmware you mention! I really need it , please help me! Thanks!!

Hi,
use in case that your current firmware is SIM900A32_ST!!!

Attachments

• 1137B09SIM900B32_ST.rar
    6 MB · Views: 199

hi,

is anyone has a firmware with flash downloader for SIM968 ?.
i just download embeddedAT from https://microchip.ua/simcom/?link=/SIM900x/SIM900/EAT/SIM968, it's seem does not work for first time download to the sim968.

the SIM900 Series Customer download tools 1.8 error said that "the cla file not does match to the target list".we are using core firmware (1137B01V01SIM968A64_ST_ENHANCE_EAT_2013_0826_0932_EBV.cla)

Hi Ipans,

You better to contact SimCom - the Chinese company. They probably support on that.

The message - "the cla file not does match to the target list" came to me when I tried to upload firmware to SIM908 using downloader tool 1.7. Then i tried selecting different targets. Finally SIM900-DS matched and successfully uploaded.

For my matters SimCom people helped me a lot..

Hi everyone,
can you explain different between download in option "embedded" and option "normal" when i using downloader tool 1.7.
And when i buy a new module sim 908.It was loaded core file?(file binary).
When I want to creat app.cla to embedded into module,I should have "embedded" mode

I recommend to use download tool version 1.8. for sim 908.I've attached it here.

In normal mode you are going to download a one file.
In embedded mode you are intended to upload both "core file" and "app file".

Use normal mode to download core software(the firmware for device) to your device.
You can use "embedded" mode to download both core software and your application file.
But if you want to download only your application file, i recommend to use normal mode and change the address field 00400000 instead of 0000000.

Attachments

• SIM900 Series download Tools Customer 1.8.rar
    47.2 KB · Views: 156
  • SIM900 series modules Download Tool_V1.8_User Guide.pdf
    161 KB · Views: 167
Reactions: vilkin

vilkin

Thanks Akalanka
I have a question that really need to your helping:
I tried to upload firmware to SIM908 .i selected SIM900-DS targets. But while downloading,the power was off.Now i can not redownload "core" file and "app" file.You can resolve this problem.
Thanks you.

The best thing is to contact SimCom. Usually they'll support friendly and quickly.
What happen when you try to connect via serial port ? ( Does it respond to AT commands ?)
Is your baud rate setting correct?

What are differences between tool “SIM928_DTMF_DevIDE V1.00” and “SIM908_DTMF_DevIDE V1.00? Can I use tool “SIM908_DTMF_DevIDE V1.00” to compile “ app.cla” to run on module sim 928? Because I used tool SIM928_DTMF_DevIDE V1.00 to compile my project, it was incorrect as the following. While I built in tool SIM908_DTMF_DevIDE V1.00, it was no problem

- - - Updated - - -

What are differences between tool “SIM928_DTMF_DevIDE V1.00” and “SIM908_DTMF_DevIDE V1.00? Can I use tool “SIM908_DTMF_DevIDE V1.00” to compile “ app.cla” to run on module sim 928? Because I used tool SIM928_DTMF_DevIDE V1.00 to compile my project, it was incorrect as the following. While I built in tool SIM908_DTMF_DevIDE V1.00, it was no problem

Does anyone have firmware for SIM908 1137B04SIM908M64_ST ?

Hi

I have bought development board based on SIM900, but program for SIM900 micro controller seems to have a lot of bugs and I can't finish my project based on this board (my project is SIM card tester based on arduino Duemilanove + SIM900 - but after changing one SIM card to another, SIM900 sometimes needs few restarts before SIM card can register to the network)
So i want to ask you for latest version of firmaware and loader for firmware for SIM900.
This is what AT+GSV command gives:

SIMCOM_Ltd
SIMCOM_SIM900
Revision:1137B01SIM900M64_ST_ENHANCE_Jablotron

Status
Not open for further replies.