Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

SIM900 Customer Flash Loader

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,

I have the following problem with my SIM900. I'm trying to upgrade the firmware to 1137B09SIM900M64_ST, 1137B10SIM900M64_ST and 1137B11SIM900M64_ST but problem persists.

Reception uncomplete Error.jpg

What could be the problem?
The original firmware version is 1137B04SIM900M64_ST.

I'm using an USB-RS232 converter connected to DEBUG-PORT directly, baud rate is recognized properly.

Any idea?

I'll appreciate your help on this.
Thanks,
Cristian.

Try again using a real COM port.

Hi, Kosh.

Thanks for your comment.
I'll try with a real COM port. I'll let you know.

Thanks.

- - - Updated - - -

One more question; is needed uncompress the RAR file and to select the .CLA?

I have used only the .CLA file.

Hi, Kosh.

I'm using "SIM900 Series Download Tools Customer" right now and process has been finished successfully. However, when trying to turn on the module does not respond.
Do you know why is happening this?

I have installed the release 11.

Thanks and regards,
Cristian.

The module was reset to factory defaults after reflashing.
You should see the IIII @ 115200bps.

I have connected the module @115200, but I can't see any data. On the other hand, when I turn on the module (keeping the button pressed for 1sec), the module will not start.

how to setup RVDS compiler? i tried installing it but every time i compile any program i get error, even if i compile the demo programs included in SIM900Dev IDE.

Hi guys,
Does anyone know about SIM908 flashing tool? As I understand this is SIM900 (GPRS) and SIM08 (GPS) in one box. All I found about it were some of specifications and GPS API description. None said neither about special download tools (SIM900 download tool doesn't support it) nor SIM908devIDE. Maybe someone worked with it and can help me.

Hi guys,
I want to send emails through Sim900D or Sim900 . i want to know which firmware i use to support e-mails at commands
any one have email support at commands firmware please give me link to download or any suggestion to complete my task.

regards

Nice to meet you here. I'm Neo from Popular. We are biggest seller for SIMCOM module in China. Hope I can provide some assist if needed.

- - - Updated - - -

SIM900 email suppoted firmware is available. But it request 64M flash SIM900. Pls find the attachment.

Attachments

• Sim900_Email.rar
    1.6 MB · Views: 177
Reactions: Roshan

Roshan

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Hello moyoumin,

could you share latest firmware with EAT (and DTMF if it is possible) for sim900 and sim908? Can I use SIMDevIDE both for 900 and 908?
And also, could you describe the differences between fw updating process of this two modules? Should I use SIM900 Customer Flash Loader for sim908, or there is a special tool for it?

regards

Hi guys,

is there any documentation for sim 900d saying stating what known bugs where fixed with every new version of firmware?
It would be of great help to me

Thanks in advance

Simcom always give a release note (see attached). I don't know how useful it is to you though.......

Attachments

• NDA_SIM900D64_ST Firmware Release Note.pdf
    127.6 KB · Views: 120

Hi Chipseller

I am downloaded 1137B04SIM900M64_ST_MMS.rar provided by you. if avialable new versions please share.

thanks for your support

regards

Hi guys,
Does anyone know about SIM908 flashing tool? As I understand this is SIM900 (GPRS) and SIM08 (GPS) in one box. All I found about it were some of specifications and GPS API description. None said neither about special download tools (SIM900 download tool doesn't support it) nor SIM908devIDE. Maybe someone worked with it and can help me.

Hi, I uploaded SIM908devIDE here:
https://www.mediafire.com/#3sclpdbgbmpbb

(I don't know if this violates SIMCOM's rule or not, I got it from our SIMCOM supporter)

Please download all 4 packages, read the guideline and you can install, compile EAT app, download to SIM908 without problem.

- - - Updated - - -

Hi all,

I'm currently working on project which use SIM908 as main MCU, so I develop an Embedded AT application and download to SIM908, no problem so far.
But now I want my system able to download new ".cla" file via FTP and update firmware. I tried to compile example code come with SIM908devIDE but after return from fl_entry, nothing updated.

Dear Moyoumin, chipseller and someone has worked with SIM908 EAT, could you please help me out this issue?

Dear SIMCOM supporters (if any here ^^), it seems SIMCOM devIDEs and firmwares are updated day by day, is there anything new? I have SIM908devIDE_v1.0, but is there v1.01?

Reactions: ogbeni

ogbeni

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.