Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

SIM508 simcard error cme error 10

Status
Not open for further replies.

hamidrezamaddah

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi
i am using SIM508, i haven't any problem since now.
but i bought a new simcard and i have a problem:
when sent a sms to new simcard, it can't receive the SMS and the response of module for AT+CPIN? will be CME error 10, but in this time i can send SMS , and incoming call is ok. but outgoing call and incomming sms will fail. i check all parameters of simcard same as csmp,cnmi
please help
regard

You surely reviewed the meaning of CME error 10? It's "SIM not inserted", meaning there's most likely a hardware problem with your SIM card circuit.

But i think , it is a bug in module firmware, because in this mode, i can send SMS.
we use this module in AVL application and we have produced more than 1000 pcs devices with SIM508 module and we have not same problem.
our problem is with with new series of simcard that we bought .
the simcards work in other products that we used SIM900.

- - - Updated - - -

also, I test The simcard in a GSM modem that . it's module is SIM300. I saw same problem again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back