Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

SIM300D on Olimex' PIC-GSM

Status
Not open for further replies.

omarsito12

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
pic-gsm

Hi. I have the same Olimex PIC-GSM development board, even I am programming it using C in MPLAB and I would like to know what codes should I use to communicate the pic18f97j60 to the sim300d(in C)?, how is the syntax to make that the sim300d read the message from de PIC and vice versa(in C) and to witch PORTS could I use to communicate PIC with modem GSM?...because I already send a few text message from hyperterminal and made some phone calls but I don't know how to make this link between this device!!!Thanks, I will thank you forever if you help with this!!!!

This is the schematic

https://www.olimex.com/dev/images/PIC/PIC-GSM-sch.gif

pic gsm

The PIC communicates with the SIM300 using the serial port. It uses an ASCII-based protocol often referred to as the "AT command set", because each command sent to the SIM300 begins with the letters "AT".

The example source code Olimex provides, though poorly written and not well documented, provides examples of the communicaitons.

The latest version of the document that describes the commands can be downloaded at: **broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back