Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

SIM300 or SIM900a service provider name and signal strength AT commands

Status
Not open for further replies.

dhanraj_kmr

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
Related to my subject line, i would like to what are the AT commands are assigned to get the service provider name and signal strength?

Signal strength how often i can poll it? i.e what is the update rate .

Hi,
thanks for your reply. I have managed to get the information from commands spec.

I have another doubt, how to make the GSM modem to suspend the current operation its doing? Ex If modem is busy in sending some bulk SMS or calling a number, how to suspend that operation and make it comeback to normal mode?

And another question is that i want to flush the GSM modem serial buffer during certain time. I dont want to hold the buffer, i want to flush it to empty before i start listening GSM modem.

This can be done only through software or is there any way modem could support this functionality's?

Status
Not open for further replies.