Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

sim card not detecting in sim900

Status
Not open for further replies.

krishnakumar.r93

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,
I'm using sim900a module and it worked perfectly for more than 2 weeks without any problem. But, now when i insert any simcard, it doesnt catchup to the network. When i looked at the serial log of the sim900a, i get CPIN:NOT INSERTED all the time. The voltage on the simm-vdd is 0v. Tried resoldering the pins on the sim socket and the module as well. The VBAT of sim900 is 4v. The AT commands work fine.
How do i solve this problem?

Your SIM Module is communicating, but your network is not registered in the network.Check the Hardware thoroughly. There may me a short circuit. It may be happened by mishandling the hardware(without the ESD protection).

There may me a short circuit. It may be happened by mishandling the hardware(without the ESD protection).

There are no shorts. The rest of the board is working fine. Only i dont get the network.
There are no possibilities for mishandling, as the device is locked and i just opened to change the sim as the one i already inserted had gone not reachable. Heating wont be an issue, because there is enough air flow.

Have you tried with another network SIM cards to find out the issue?

Have you tried with another network SIM cards to find out the issue?

Obviously, yes. i've tried with all the sim cards. ( AIRTEL, AIRCEL, VODAFONE, IDEA, DOCOMO)
I've noted the voltage on the sim vdd pin is 0. Why would it be zero, while all other functionalites (AT commands word) are good.? Is the module damaged.

Status
Not open for further replies.