Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Silvaco Basic question about first mosfet example.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sam.mosfet

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am playing with the first mosfet example in Silvaco MOS1 it gives out a log file with drain current vs gate voltage by default and I am trying to get the drain current vs drain voltage IV curve and it is not working it gives me a straight vertical line. I am wondering if there is something missing in the code of that example? I have snapshots attached that describe this situation. Thank you

Drainc_drainI.pngoriginal_Silvaco_Mosfet_IV.png

If you are referring to the example mos1ex01.in, this simulation is only for a constant Vds - 0.1V so there is no data for any other drain voltage except 100mV.
mos1ex02.in runs a simulation sweeping Vds for 3 gate voltages. I think this is what you are wanting.

Attention at your Id-Vd plot, the X axis is "Gate Voltage" not "Drain Voltage". :roll:

Change the X axis into "Drain Voltage" axis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back