Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Silvaco ATLAS- impact ionization effect not reflected on I-V

Status
Not open for further replies.

kb82kb

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am trying to simulate a simple P-I-N Avalanche PhotoDiode structure with a narrow bandgap material. I have defined the SELB model parameters and I can plot/see the "impact generation rate" in the device structure after simulation. The impact generation rate changes if I change the impact ionization coefficient parameters. But surprisingly, the I-V curve remains the same. Anyone has any idea, what might be wrong?

I can post the code too in case someone is interested.

Hey..sorry i may not be able to answer your query as i am new to the tool.Can u mail me the commands used in silvaco aTLAS adn ATHENA ??

Hi! can u post the atlas code

Did you turn on band to band tunneling?

impact selb bbt.std

You may need to post your code....

Hi,
I am working on the same concept in my project.There can be many reasons. It will be easy to find out the reason, if I debug the code. If you can share the code, I can do it for you.

Rgds
Vani

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back