Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Silicon Temperature Sensors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Power-Mosfet

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I have a few (KTY 10-62) temperature sensors. and I like to know to use them. I have search the net but did not find anything useful. if someone have has a link to a circuit where of which shows how to use this application.

datasheet can be found at here but its quite useless

https://www.datasheetarchive.com/KTY 10-62-datasheet.html

thank you.

datasheet can be found at here but its quite useless
The datasheet gives a rather exact specification of the device's behaviour. The sensor is a temperature dependant resistor,
the datasheet specifies the temperature characteristcs, so if you can measure the resistance (you can e.g. use a multimeter) then
you know the temperature.

I guess, the actual problem is, that you don't know how to measure resistance. There are various solutions for the problem. Most
basic electronics text books are dealing with resistance measurement in some way, also many application notes of analog data
acquisition devices. You may want to to tell your requirements more detailed to get specific help.

thank you for your reply.

but I still dont know how to use device. I have a micro controller and like to use this device to display the temperature. can I use the adc? if yes how to calculate the temperature value.

How would you measure resistance with a microprocessor's internal ADC? The most simple solution is a voltage divider.
Because the ADC uses the supply voltage as it's reference in most cases, the result can be reduced to a ratiometric measurement,
in case of a ususal 10-Bit ADC you get:
Nadc = Rx / (Rx + R0) * 1024

The best method to calculate the temperature mainly depends on the intended accuracy and temperature range. For a limited
range, a linear approximation may be sufficient. Otherwise, you can use look-up table interpolation or calculate an polynominal
fit either for the ADC value to temperature or resistance to temperature conversion. It's simple applied mathematics.

As a disadvantage, voltage divider circuits utilize only part of the ADC range. To map the temperature interval of interest to
the full ADC range, you need at least one OP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back