Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Sierpinski antennas simulating help

Status
Not open for further replies.

seb

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi!

I'm interested in fractal antennas and paticularly in the Sierpinski gasket antennas.
Now i'm doing a research on these antennas (and i have to simulate one). But I'm really new to the simulating software (HFSS, Designer, Feko, IE3D) so could use some help here. Which one is the most user-friendly and which one is most suitable for this type of antennas.
If someone have tutorials or models of Sierpinski antennas for any of these programs I would really appreciate them.
And I stumbled on something else - in one of the papers I have, the resonance happens when the height ot the triangle is ≈ λ/2, while in other paper that happens when the perimeter is ≈ λ/2?

Thanks in advance,
seb

hi,
i think its better to use HFSS since sierpinski is monopole antenna u need the ground plane. Its good to use simulation software that support 3d software. I have some experience designing square patch curve in microwave office 2003.

Hi there Seb!!!

First I must say that antenna simualtions tools usally are pretty complex to use. I stronlgy recommend IE3D, which i somewhat easy to use. It also consist of several examples which can be used as tutorial, and shows how the program works. You can aquire a trila version from www.zeland.com

Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back