Not open for further replies.

seb

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi!

I'm interested in fractal antennas and paticularly in the Sierpinski gasket antennas.
Now i'm doing a research on these antennas (and i have to simulate one). But I'm really new to the simulating software (HFSS, Designer, Feko, IE3D) so could use some help here. Which one is the most user-friendly and which one is most suitable for this type of antennas.
If someone have tutorials or models of Sierpinski antennas for any of these programs I would really appreciate them.
And I stumbled on something else - in one of the papers I have, the resonance happens when the height ot the triangle is ≈ λ/2, while in other paper that happens when the perimeter is ≈ λ/2?

Thanks in advance,
seb

hi,
i think its better to use HFSS since sierpinski is monopole antenna u need the ground plane. Its good to use simulation software that support 3d software. I have some experience designing square patch curve in microwave office 2003.

Hi there Seb!!!

First I must say that antenna simualtions tools usally are pretty complex to use. I stronlgy recommend IE3D, which i somewhat easy to use. It also consist of several examples which can be used as tutorial, and shows how the program works. You can aquire a trila version from www.zeland.com

Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…