Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Shunt Resistor for AC circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

aq_mishu

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Guys,
I need to measure the 220VAC 10A current using a uC. AVR infact...
I already have the same ckt for max 30VDC 5A. So i can convert it for 220VAC. But since I need to measure 10A (AC, not DC)then what should be my shunt?? 0.1ohm 5W or 0.01ohm 5W?? Note, I used .1V/A for the DC ckt. If i want to keep that too (as I have to measure from 1A-10A, thus .1V/A is a better solution since AVR can measure minimum .48mV in my setup...[I dont want to play with ref voltage for ADC right now...]) then can I use 0.1ohm 5W? .1V/A thus 1V for 10A.... For DC, it is a mess... but for AC... is it okey???

Mishu~

.1v volt is good to A/D.you can try .5V for 1A.check the ac current with load by using 0.01 ohm, also try diff resistors value.i dont know what kind of ur cct.If u r using CT to measure cuurent than it will be diff values can be test

Status
Not open for further replies.