Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

shunt regulator with zenar diode

Status
Not open for further replies.

satya82

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi forum
where can I find the real world examples of zenar shunt regulator and transistor series regulator?

thank you

Did you try a search?, I got lots of usefull hits when entering zener shunt regulator or transistor series regulator. I used Google. You may try images in Google (or other search engine).

I had seen that in google images most of them explaining about the shunt regulator characteristic very little explaining about the application is there any other website which talk about application?

A voltage regulator is used to derive a stable voltage from a non-stable (or slow varying) voltage source. They are present in lots of electronic equipment where a stable supply is not present. When the required current is low, a zener shunt regulator can be used (is also cheap). Frequently the zener is now replaced by an integrated circuit that gives better stability (versus time and input voltage).

Series regulators are used when the current demand is higher. A series regulator requires a stable reference voltage that is frequently derived from an zener or IC parallel regulator. With the advent of fast switching mosfets and integrated control circuits, many linear series voltage regulators are replaced by their switching equivalents (efficiency). The switching regulator uses a zener or IC shunt regulator for generating its internal reference voltage. The shunt regulator circuit may be part of the integrated control circuit.

thank you so much

Status
Not open for further replies.