Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

SHT40 best temp humidity sensor need help pushing logging data

Status
Not open for further replies.

ceva156

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
After spending almost $1000 on sensors for my grow. i bought an UM esp32 s2 from adafruit and an SHT40(connected with i2c connector not soldered) for around $30 it is better then all of them combined. im just having trouble pushing the data somewhere where i can read it and log it. I tried the adafruit IO(got board connected) but the SHT40 is not supported yet. I am new to this but determined to get it to work. Any help would mean the world.

Hi,

Your post is a bit confusing.
You talk about many useless things (cost, adafuit, connector, "best")
.. but miss to tell about important things. Just vague information like"im just having trouble pushing the data somewhere where i can read it and log it.".

Is it that you can´ write the software, or can´t find libraries..)
is it a hardware problem, like findid a suitable media (printer, EEPROM, HDD...)
is it that you don´t know which interface to use
Is it a datarate problem,
or memory size problem

or anything else.

read and log:
* printer and paper
* 7 segment display and EEPROM
* graphic display for a chart
* pc with monitor and HDD
* and many other ..

please focus on the real problem. First define your requirements: (data rate, medium, size, interface...)
Then tell what is clear so far ... and what exactly the problem is.

Klaus

I use ESP32 for control and logging by adding MQTT and sending the data by WiFi. It's simple to do and I can see data 'real time' as well as remotely logging it to an SD card on a second WiFi linked ESP8266.

Brian.

Go to YouTube, search for "ESP32 MQTT", tons of projects.

Regards, Dana.

Status
Not open for further replies.